Friday, March 11, 2011

Vishwa Kannada Sammelana inaugurated; Murthy makes impact, so does Aishwarya

The Vishwa Kannada Sammelana was inaugurated today by Infosys founder, Narayana Murthy. Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai also graced the occasion.

About 40,000 delegates are attending the three-day literary and cultural event organised by the state government to promote Kannada culture and literature.

Narayana Murthy, who had invited criticism for not speaking in Kannada said in his inaugural address, "I have worked in Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Pune, Paris so I know some other languages. But in my heart I am always a Kannadiga. My language at home is Kannada - even if my business language is English."

Aishwarya Rai made an appearance though opposition by Shiv Sena who feel that Maharashtrians are discriminated against in Belgaum.

Our earlier post on Vishwa Karnata Sammelana here.

No comments:

Post a Comment